On January 1st, I took to the task of writing my goals for the upcoming year and shared them on my website. Doing so was a way for me to stay accountable to my goals—for putting them out there on my platform would be one way of making sure that I stayed on track. Now that we are almost three full months into the year, I wanted to be totally transparent and let you guys know how I’ve been doing thus far.
Personally I can say that there have been a few challenges this year. Nothing that isn’t insurmountable, but definitely not expected or planned. I can tell you that over the years, I’ve relied on my ability to be resilient and pivot when needed, and these challenges called for that. Even as a Work Life Management advocate, I too, have problems with sticking to boundaries that are super important in relationships, both professionally and personally—let’s just say in this area, I am still a work in progress.
Now, as far as my goals, I am attacking them with fortitude and vigor. To recap what I shared on 1/1/16, I am copying and pasting the goals that I listed below:
- Hangouts and chats focused on working parent topics and entrepreneurial subjects
- An e-Course
- Two in-person conference and/or workshop events (one in my city and one in another location)
- Two books (yes, two FULL books)
- A skillfully produced video series
- More branded products/eStore
- At least 3 high-profile speaking engagements
- At least 3 high-profile TV appearances on major networks
- Podcast (yes, I want to return back to podcasting in 2016)
So far during the first quarter, I’ve done the following: (read the rest after the break)