Since moving forward as a displaced career woman turned Mompreneur and Digital Debutante, I have selected a word of vision as I move into a new year. For 2016, the stakes are higher, and so are my goals. Because of this journey and the steps taken to get here, I am living a life I never knew I could. But not one for complacency or comfortability, I want to up the ante once and again and challenge myself to embark on new soil. So after a lot of thought and careful self-reflecting, I’ve chosen expansion as my word for 2016.
Merriam Webster defines expansion as the act of becoming bigger or making something bigger. I want to super size my ambition, and in doing that, create more opportunities that I can spread my wings creatively and professionally. I want to add more titles to my name. I want to truly gamble on something that could be a game changer. But most of all, I want to help other working parents thrive, grow, and succeed.
So what does expansion look like to me, you may ask.
Here are a few examples of just some of the plans I have for the upcoming year (I am listing these not out of ego, but for accountability):
- Hangouts and chats focused on working parent topics and entrepreneurial subjects
- An e-Course
- Two in-person conference and/or workshop events (one in my city and one in another location)
- Two books (yes, two FULL books)
- A skillfully produced video series
- More branded products/eStore
- At least 3 high-profile speaking engagements
- At least 3 high-profile TV appearances on major networks
- Podcast (yes, I want to return back to podcasting in 2016)
Those are a just a few of the things I want to accomplish this year. I’ve got some other pretty big plans that I don’t want to unveil yet, but believe me—they are expansion worthy.
I want to challenge myself to be the best person I can while serving my audience positively. If at the end of the year I’ve done just that, well—I will consider it a win.
So, now the ball’s in your court. What is your word for 2016? Leave me some comment love below and let me know.
Here’s to the most successful year yet!