I am officially 43 years young!
I’ve had a lot of changes in my life as of late, and it all culminated in me turning 43 and being blessed to reach another important milestone. I am on a quest to live my best life spiritually, emotionally, physically, professionally, and mentally—which means revamping and rethinking a few ways that I do things.
I’m now back in the cubicle, so to speak.
Last month, I accepted a position as the Director of Social Media and Digital Marketing at KTRS. It is a 20+ year old locally owned talk radio station, and is the voice of St. Louis, and I am honored to help establish and help grow their social media department.
I have been self-employed for over eight years, and haven’t been an employee during that entire time. Going back into the workplace and working with a team on a consistent basis is something that I’ve been out of practice with, but the position is allowing me to grow my skill-set and capabilities in the social media space, while giving me access to another platform—radio. I am excited about this new chapter and look forward to what this new role will bring.
In addition to that, I have a consultant contract with a large church here in the area to help them grow their social media channels and efforts, and I also will still be running The Cubicle Chick, LLC and all of my other endeavors.
The grind does not stop!
During the next year, I hope to move in bolder steps and brushstrokes while continuing to empire build and finish products that have been on the back-burner for way too long.
Here’s what you can expect from me:
- I plan on both of my books being out during the first and second quarter of 2019. This is non-negotiable, and I am going to be busy in the lab with my co-author to make sure this happens.
- An event series focused on working moms is in the works, and I hope to be able to go out on tour with it in 2019.
- More content focused on social entrepreneurs and start ups.
- A recommitment to my Work It! Podcast which has been stagnant as of late. I’ve been listening to you, and I will begin recording new episodes soon.
- More one-on-one training and consultations to those of you who want to grow your business through social media and digital marketing.
This is an overwhelming yet exciting time for me, and I plan to share all of it with you—the good, the bad, and the ugly. Too often people see the glossy end result of things, but I want people to see the truth, even if it isn’t picture perfect. I will be sharing a lot this type of content right here and on Instagram Stories and IGTV.
In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance to you, please make sure to visit my Hire Me page to get started on working with me. I have allotted spots available, but they do fill up fast.
I appreciate your well wishes and congratulatory messages on LinkedIn and other social channels about my new job. This is going to be a fruitful time for all of us!
Photography by Chip Dizárd.